I’ve loved being a professional photographer for the past eight years and am eager to share what I’ve learned with you! Whether you’re a mother who wants to take better pictures of her kids or a kid who wants to see more beauty in the world, I have tips to help you make the most of your camera. Even if it’s just a cellphone, these tried and true photography methods will make the most of your photos.
My Photography class will be taught LIVE online on Tuesdays at 5:30, with the video available to watch again within 24 hours on a password protected site. Students can ask questions and learn from each other this way! You can also re-watch material you love and to make sure you really understand it.
My course explores photography basics like terminology, history, and uses. Then we’ll dive into topics like composition, color, lighting, contrast, silhouettes, portraits, and posing. Since I’m an entrepreneur, I will give you some education in that arena as well, helping you learn how to market and sell your work, if that’s something you’re interested in pursuing. Finally, we’ll explore the many different kinds (try over 30!) of stylized photography. Each week you’ll have the option of trying your hand at whatever concept we’ve covered. I know these videos will enrich the way you look at the world around you and how you capture it!
All you need is a digital camera, computer, and internet access! If you’re local, there will be an opportunity at the end of the year to show off their photography at a talent night. This is definitely not mandatory, but it’s often fun to share what you’ve learned or to use your talents to serve. I believe that’s partly what they’re for and will grow even more as we use them those ways.
This class is part of The Arts Subscription and is only $20 a month for 20 20-minute LIVE classes for anyone in the family to enjoy!
I don’t have any specific religious content in my classes, but they are hopeful and happy because that’s just how I am. 🙂
My classes go above and beyond other online courses or YouTube videos because…
- I’ll be teaching them LIVE so students can ask questions and get real-time feedback. It can also help ensure the videos get watched since they’re at a scheduled time. Of course, they will also be available for viewing later to rewatch or in case you miss the class time.
- I will get YOUR input on which songs we learn to play, sing, and dance to, so you can ensure you’re loving the content!
- My password-protected site means you won’t have any ads or other random, inappropriate pop-ups or distractions.
- My classes follow a deliberate arc based on my teaching philosophy. In fact, it’s the same one I use to create art: Lift, Love, Learn, Laugh, Repeat. In other words, I try to make my classes a hopeful, inspiring experience where we grow from setbacks and respect ourselves and our efforts. Music, clothing, and content is always modest, wholesome, and appropriate for all ages.
- One low monthly price gives you access for your entire household! This means you can learn and grow together without driving all over town or having all those course costs add up.
- 20-minute classes mean they are bite-sized information sessions that can be absorbed and retained. The session will keep a student’s focus. Also, if the class is for kids it can give parents a chance to sneak away for a break or get dinner ready in peace! (Or maybe even learn beside them! You can allow yourself 20-minutes for some enrichment!)
- I’m an experienced teacher and parent. I’ve taught and tutored in elementary schools, junior highs, high schools, community centers and at the college level. Now I’ve homeschooled my own kids for 6 years and have loved it! My oldest is a teenager so I have quite the spectrum of experience from teaching littles on up.
- I’m a professional in the areas I’m teaching in, meaning I’m experienced and still engaged with the material. I know this will help me engage your student too!
- Since I’m a homeschooling mom first, there might be an occasional need to reschedule class due to an educational trip or unexpected illness. I will always do make-up classes within the week so you can keep your educational experience moving forward! Your satisfaction is a top priority!
Arts classes are geared for multi-age learning. I’m confident that most kids 7-years-old and up will benefit from my courses, and maybe even younger ages depending on the course and child. You know your family best! If they want to try a class even if they are younger, go for it! Let’s see what happens!
Arts classes will begin in September 3rd and run through April. (My fitness classes will continue with a modified schedule through summer.) There will be no classes the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Spring Break. To account for those weeks with no classes, and if you are enrolled the entire year, there will be no charge in March for April’s courses.
On average, one video will be posted online per week to a password-protected site for your entire household to enjoy until there are at least 32 videos per subject. After they are taught live, the class videos will be uploaded within 24 hours. If there is ever a reason that I need to postpone filming or posting of a class video, I will let you know as soon as possible via email.
You can sign up at any time and stop at any time, although I highly recommend trying any class for at least 3 months. It takes that long just to get used to a new program! Enjoying it is easier once that happens, as is the case for any class that requires a foundation first. But if you feel like you want to try something different, go ahead and start watching videos of a different arts class. My program offers flexibility, and that’s something that I hope you take advantage of any time you feel like it!
To sign up for the awesome learning opportunity my Arts Subscription offers, and to ensure you are enrolled and ready for your courses beginning September 3rd, click here to register starting August 1st! To learn about my arts and teaching experience click here. Finally, reviews of my teaching can be found at the bottom of the Classes Menu.
Together I think we can give you the chance to develop artistically, take a break from your everyday chores and duties, and feel some joy as you create and learn! If you have any questions, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best to answer them! I look forward to hearing from you and helping you find joy and hope through photography! Thanks!