There’s a GREAT sense of happiness that comes from growing and connecting with others, and that’s exactly what art does. It helps us grow and experience the wonder, beauty, and courage that someone else went through. It allows us to connect with humanity throughout generations!
And when we learn how to create art ourselves, we also learn how to better enjoy the masterpieces of others. Since we have an idea of what it took to take a good photo or sing a song well, we can appreciate other art more. Whether it’s music, photography, or dance, there’s something beautiful about developing our talents and valuing the talents of others.
This is why I love to create AND teach. I want others to feel similar hope and joy, especially in their homes and with their families. The home is the most important place and our families are the most important people in our lives. That’s why all of my classes are online for anyone in the home to access. Having aha moments together is priceless and something I am passionate about supporting!
My classes go above and beyond other online courses or YouTube videos because…
- I’ll be teaching them LIVE so students can ask questions and get real-time feedback. It can also help ensure the videos get watched since they’re at a scheduled time. Of course, they will also be available for viewing later to rewatch or in case you miss the class time.
- I will get YOUR input on which songs we learn to play, sing, and dance to, so you can ensure you’re loving the content!
- My password-protected site means you won’t have any ads or other random, inappropriate pop-ups or distractions.
- My classes follow a deliberate arc based on my teaching philosophy. In fact, it’s the same one I use to create art: Lift, Love, Learn, Laugh, Repeat. In other words, I try to make my classes a hopeful, inspiring experience where we grow from setbacks and respect ourselves and our efforts. Music, clothing, and content is always modest, wholesome, and appropriate for all ages.
- One low monthly price gives you access for your entire household! This means you can learn and grow together without driving all over town or having all those course costs add up.
- 20-minute classes mean they are bite-sized information sessions that can be absorbed and retained. The session will keep a student’s focus. Also, if the class is for kids it can give parents a chance to sneak away for a break or get dinner ready in peace! (Or maybe even learn beside them! You can allow yourself 20-minutes for some enrichment!)
- I’m an experienced teacher and parent. I’ve taught and tutored in elementary schools, junior highs, high schools, community centers and at the college level. Now I’ve homeschooled my own kids for 6 years and have loved it! My oldest is a teenager so I have quite the spectrum of experience from teaching littles on up.
- I’m a professional in the areas I’m teaching in, meaning I’m experienced and still engaged with the material. I know this will help me engage your student too!
- Since I’m a homeschooling mom first, there might be an occasional need to reschedule class due to an educational trip or unexpected illness. I will always do make-up classes within the week so you can keep your educational experience moving forward! Your satisfaction is a top priority!
Again, I believe art and learning are meant to lift, to make the world a little brighter and higher as it connects humanity. It’s most enjoyable when we have an attitude of love, toward the medium and our own efforts. Patience goes a long way! We progress. We make mistakes. We laugh (hopefully) at those mistakes. Then we do it all over and over and over again.
Since this is how we create, and this is also how I teach. As a homeschool mom with high moral values, I think this love and hope come through in my teaching, and that’s something you won’t find elsewhere. Unlike the rest of my site, I don’t have any specific religious content in my classes, but they are definitely happy and hopeful because that’s where my heart is.
With this approach, I feel honored to offer my Arts Subscription of Dance, Photography, Guitar, Ukulele and Voice for only $20 a month…
I’l I’ll also be teaching 5 LIVE 20-minute fitness classes a week for $10 a month as The Get Movin’ Subscription…(Since this one’s geared toward the moms and working ladies I do a 50% discount. With all we do we deserve the discount and the time to recharge our batteries! But many ages can benefit from these classes so kids are welcome too. Learn more here or register here.)
These affordable prices are not a reflection of my class’ quality. On the contrary, it’s because I want all homes to be places of high-value growth, wholesome activities, and uplifting learning. The price reflects that mission. Because I care so much about that, I offer my classes at a fraction of what they’re worth.
Arts classes are geared for multi-age learning. I’m confident that most kids 7-years-old and up will benefit from my courses, and maybe even younger ages depending on the course and child. You know your family best! If they want to try a class even if they are younger, go for it! Let’s see what happens!
Arts classes will begin in September 3rd and run through April. (My fitness classes will continue with a modified schedule through summer.) There will be no classes the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Spring Break. To account for those weeks with no classes, and if you are enrolled the entire year, there will be no charge in March for April’s courses.
On average, one video will be posted online per week to a password-protected site for your entire household to enjoy until there are at least 32 videos per subject. After they are taught live, the class videos will be uploaded within 24 hours. If there is ever a reason that I need to postpone filming or posting of a class video, I will let you know as soon as possible via email.
If you’re local, there will be an opportunity at the end of the year to perform alone or in a group or to show off their photography. I will also be setting up a performance at an assisted living facility midway through the year! These activities are definitely not mandatory, but it’s often fun to share what you’ve learned or to use your talents to serve. I believe that’s partly what they’re for and will grow even more as we use them those ways.
You can sign up at any time and stop at any time (just send me an email), although I highly recommend trying any class for at least 3 months. It takes that long just to get your fingers used to the strings of an instrument! Enjoying it is easier once that happens, as is the case for any class that requires a foundation first. But if you feel like you want to try something different, go ahead and start watching videos of a different arts class. My program offers flexibility, and that’s something that I hope you take advantage of any time you feel like it!
Together I think we can give you the chance to develop artistically, take a break from your everyday chores and duties, and feel some joy as you create and learn! To ensure you are enrolled and ready for your courses beginning September 3rd, click here to register starting August 1st!